Members of the university can take advantage of the mobile media technology and use this for their media projects linked to the University of Passau. In the loan service, there is a range of media equipment and different sets. We would be happy to give you information about the individual devices on request.
Reservations via the Loan service are only possible if you are logged into the university network. If you want to have access to the Loan service when you are en route or at home, you need to register via the VPN access in the Uni-Network in advance.
You will receive instructions on site where applicable for the devices that you can book via the Loan service. For complex devices, you need to attend compulsory workshops in advance. You have to agree to the usage conditions when you loan the devices.
You can find the current opening times directly on the internet website of the Loan service.
Workshops for using complex equipment
To loan complex devices and sets, you have to attend a workshop in advance. You can find a selection of the common devices including their respective courses that you have to attend in order to borrow them here:
- Mobile audio recorder Zoom H2N, H4N, H6:
- 66103 ZMK workshop: introduction to audio production
- Video camera: Panasonic AG-AC90 and AG-AC160 (large camera):
- 66100 ZMK workshop: introduction to video technology 1
- Video camera: Sony NEX FS-700 (for scenic filming):
Additional courses will be offered for further devices, software or permission to use certain studio rooms. The workshops are generally reserved for participants in the respective course.
I. Lending takes place exclusively to students and members of the University of Passau via the university Loan service. Verbal reservation requests are not accepted. The equipment can only be handed out to you if you appear personally in room ZMK U06.
II. Loan and return of the equipment takes place only during the specified opening times.
III. To be entitled to borrow some of the devices, the person borrowing has to take part in a course.
IV participants in seminars or other course of the university are given priority booking for the reservations. The equipment loan office therefore reserves the right to refuse reservations if they overlap with teaching requirements. Borrowers are informed by e-mail whether the reservation has been successful. The reservation itself should be submitted at least one day before you want to collect the device.
V. The person borrowing the device checks the loan devices for defects together with a technician when the device is handed over. The result of the check is documented and confirmed by the borrower's signature.
IV. The person borrowing the device ensures the correct setting up and installation of the facilities and must take care of the inspection by the authorities if required. All spotlights and parts that are assembled above the public must be secured with ropes or chains. Beams, tripods and equipment must be secured from falling down and tilting accordingly. Depending on the course location, bracing systems must be used where applicable. In the case of crossbeams, the maximum inflection and the maximum permitted point load must be borne in mind. In every case, nevertheless, the loan must be distributed easily.
VII. The equipment and the technical installation of the ZMK may only be used for study purposes, for projects of applied research and development, for the further training or public relations work of the University of Passau. Using the equipment for other purposes (private or commercial) is only authorised if a written application is made to the ZIM and if applicable, when for a fee.
VIII) In the case of unsupervised use by students outside the area of responsibility of a member of the staff of the University of Passau, the following additional conditions apply:
1. A loan contract according to §§ 598 et seq. of the German Civil Code (BGB) will be concluded between the person borrowing the equipment and the University of Passau.
2. The person borrowing the equipment must return it by the date arranged. If the equipment is not returned on time, the person will receive a warning. From the second day of the missed deadline onwards, an overdue fine of 5 EUR per day and per loan booking will be payable. The fee can amount to a maximum of 95 EUR per loan booking.
3. If the equipment is returned with a period of 20 days, the fine is payable immediately by cash on return, and a receipt will be given. If immediate cash payment is not possible, the loan office can allow the person to pay within seven days, if they give their post address. The user account of the person in the Loan service is blocked until payment is received.
4. If a return does not take place by the 21st day after the date agreed, the university is entitled to organise a replacement purchase of the equipment loaned. The costs of this must be paid by the person who borrowed the equipment. This deadline can be extended, if the person who borrowed the equipment can give a good reason and if it is to be expected that the equipment will be returned at the end of the extended deadline.
6. The borrower will be informed about how to operate the equipment properly by trained personnel. If the borrower has further questions about operating the equipment, he/she should ask the technical personnel. Therefore, electrical damage caused by improper operation is also deemed to have been caused by the borrower.
7. The loan office or the technical personnel of the ZIM must be notified immediately of any damage. The borrower will be charged for the actual damage incurred; this includes the cost of replacement due to damage or loss.
Last revised: 3 November 2015