On 24th May 2019 all student e-mail accounts were switched from GroupWise to Outlook/Exchange.
As of 24th May 2019, you will no longer be able to send or receive e-mails in GroupWise. You can still log in to GroupWise to read your old e-mails but you do not receive there new e-mails. It is permitted to change anything in GroupWise. Otherwise data loss can be imminent!
Please note that your e-mails, appointments, contacts, permissions and forwarding rules from GroupWise were not transferred to Outlook automatically.
Outlook Web Access allows you to check your e-mails conveniently from within your web browser.
If the unit you work for still uses GroupWise, you will not be able to access its resources from within Outlook.
If you have any issues or questions concerning the e-mail switchover, please contact ZIM Support.
To use your Outlook account on your mobile device:
- Create a new Exchange email account.
- Enter your University computer network username address (e.g. email@example.com) as your e-mail address. In the above example, user01 is the ZIM username – the same username you use when you log into Stud.IP, for instance.
- If prompted or required, enter email.uni-passau.de as the server.
- Enter the password of your ZIM username as the password for the e-mail account.
- Accept any permission requests.
- The settings should now be automatically applied correctly.
Alternatively, you can load the official Microsoft Outlook app from your App Store and configurate it accordingly.